- City Services
- Safety Services
- Community Connect
Gulf Shores Fire Rescue is always looking for ways to better serve the citizens of Gulf Shores. For this reason we are rolling out a new program called Community Connect to protect our residents, business owners, and their property in the most effective way possible.
What is Community Connect?
Community Connect is a free, secure, and easy-to-use platform that allows you to share critical information about your household or business that will aid first responders and emergency response personnel when responding to your property.
What Information can I provide?
Any information you provide through Community Connect is completely voluntary and based on what you are comfortable sharing. We have made it easy for you to know what may be important by organizing your secure portal into buckets of information you can enter:
- Your Property: Understanding critical information such as your residence type, whether or not you have fire sprinklers, or designated family meeting places, improves our ability to respond and make decisions during an emergency.
- Your People: Let us know who is best to contact in case of an emergency. Your contacts can help us with everything from access, to how to deal with potential hazards or locate occupants. Getting in touch helps us better communicate at the time when it’s needed most.
- Your Needs: If you or members of your family have mobility or other types of functional needs that may require additional assistance, letting us know means we can plan accordingly and respond more quickly to those needs.
- Your Pets: Your pets are part of the family too. We want to make sure that we are able to evacuate pets and handle them as best we can during an incident. Tell us about any type of pet at your residence – even take a photo so we can spot them easily!
How Secure is my Data?
Data that you provide Community Connect is secure and used only for the purpose of better serving you during emergency situations. Your information is never used for any other purpose. All logins are password protected with bank-level encryption and security.
Set up Your Account Today!
Setting up your Community Connect account is easy by following these 3 steps:
- Create an account - Visit www.communityconnect.io/info/al-gulfshores to sign in for free and get started doing your part. It just takes your email, phone number, and address.
- Enter the information that matters most - Enter valuable information that can help us assist more effectively during an emergency.
- Help your first responders when seconds count - That's it! Just remember to keep your account updated when things change over time so we can always be prepared.
For more information on Community Connect, visit www.communityconnect.io/info/al-gulfshores.