- Waterway Village Zydeco & Crawfish Festival
Waterway Village Zydeco & Crawfish Festival
April 16, 2022
The annual Waterway Village Zydeco & Crawfish Festival boils up a beaucoup (French for a lot) of fun! Sink your teeth into hot, juicy, lip-smacking crawfish throughout the day while dancing to the infectious rhythms of some of the best Zydeco bands from around the South. There will be arts and crafts vendors as well as children's activities offering nonstop fun for all ages.
If that's not enough, work up an appetite with the 5K Run/1 Mile Fun Run and Laissez les bons temps rouler (let the good times roll) all day long.
This sixth annual event is a result of a unique collaboration between the City of Gulf Shores, the Coastal Alabama Business Chamber, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach Tourism, and Waterway Village merchants, including Acme Oyster House, Tacky Jacks, Gulf Coast Arts Alliance, Lulu's, The Diner and Wheeles Karate Academy.
The festivities will kick off at 8 a.m. with the Zydeco and Crawfish Festival 5K benefiting Furrever Homes. The good times will roll all day long as the crawfish pots begin boiling at 10 a.m. and the Zydeco sounds will be grooving until 6 p.m.
2022 Music Lineup
- 10 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. - Donna Angelle & The Zydeco Possee’
- 11:15 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - Excelsior
- 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. - Rosie Ledet & The Zydeco Playboys
- 1 p.m. - 1:15 p.m. - Excelsior
- 1:15 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. - The Legendary IIs Sont Partis Band Ft. Buckwheat Zydeco Jr.
- 2:30 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. - Excelsior
- 2:45 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. - Rockin Dopsie Jr.
- 4:15 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. - Excelsior
- 4:30 p.m. – 6 p.m. - Chubby Carrier & The Bayou Swamp Band
The Waterway Village Zydeco and Crawfish Festival will be located along East 24th Avenue in the Waterway Village public parking lot. Admission is free to the public.
Free shuttles will be running from the Erie Meyer Civic Center, Meyer Park, and Gulf Shores First Presbyterian Church. Shuttle services will take place from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. East 24th Avenue will be closed to all traffic from the W.C. Holmes Bridge to Acme Oyster House during the 5K and 1 mile Fun Run.
We have plenty of public parking at the following locations:
- Erie H. Meyer Civic Center (1930 W snd St) - Shuttle location
- Meyer Park (400 E 22nd Ave) - Shuttle location
- Gulf Shores First Presbyterian Church (309 E 21st Ave) - Shuttle location
- Our Lady of the Gulf (308 E 22nd Ave)
- Gulf Shores Church of Christ (2414 W 1st St)
- First Baptist Gulf Shores (2200 W 1st St)
Click here to view a public parking and shuttle map.
5K Walk/Run Information
The 6th Annual Zydeco and Crawfish Festival 5K Run/Walk will begin at 8 a.m. on Saturday, April 16, prior to the festival kick-off. The course is on flat and fast neighborhood streets starting in front of Acme Oyster House. Packet pick-up will be located at Tacky Jacks in Gulf Shores on Friday, April 15, from 3 to 7 p.m. Race Day Packet Pick-Up will be at the starting line and begins promptly at 6:30 a.m. and lasts until 7:45 a.m. Register online at http://harleysports.com/zydeco/.
Little Miss Zydeco Pageant
The City of Gulf Shores and Waterway Village merchants will hold the Little Miss Zydeco Pageant on Saturday, February 5, at the Erie H. Meyer Civic Center at 10 a.m.
Participants compete in four different grade levels: Pre-K and Kindergarten, First Grade and Second Grade, Third Grade and Fourth Grade, Fifth Grade and Sixth Grade, Seventh and Eighth grade, and Ninth and Tenth grade. Each grade level awards one queen, one first runner-up and three princesses. Queens are announced at the Zydeco & Crawfish Festival.
Deadline to register is Tuesday, February 1, this pageant is open to Baldwin County residents only. Admission to watch the pageant is $5 for spectators 4 & older. Paid at the door via cash or credit/debit cards
Click here to access the Little Miss Zydeco Registration and Rules.
- Click here for more information.
Brigette Reynolds, Programs & Event Manager