The George C. Meyer Tennis Center, located at 2049 West 2nd. Street, is a beautifully designed complex that features a pro-shop, six Har-Tru clay courts,12 hard courts and an indoor clubhouse. The complex plays hosts to a variety of local tournaments as well as many USTA sanctioned tournaments throughout the year.
George C. Meyer Tennis Center Hours of Operation
- Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 7 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Tennis Courts Hours of Operation
- Open 7 days a week: 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
LightsLights for outdoor courts are available daily until 10 p.m. Please turn off lights when not in use.
- Hard Courts – Reservations are not taken for hard courts. However, these courts may be reserved by the tennis pro’s for lessons, leagues, and tournament play. Please call 251-968-1431 for available times.
- Clay Courts – Reservations may be made 48 hours in advance on a first-call, first-served basis. City lessons, leagues, and tournaments have priority on these courts. Please call 251-968-1431 for available times.
Ball Machine RentalPlaymate Ace ball machine is available for rental: $20/ per hour. Please call the tennis center at 251-968-1431 to schedule a rental time, based on court availability.
Private and Group LessonsPrivate lessons are available for all ages and levels by appointment. Please call 251-968-1431 to schedule.
- Private Lessons: $60/hour
- Semi-Private Lessons: $35/per person (2 people) $25/per person (3 or more people)
- Private Lessons Policies:
- Pre-payment required to book lessons.
- Lessons may be rescheduled with a minimum of 24 hours’ notice by calling 251-968-1431 during business hours (voicemail rescheduling not accepted) or emailing email@example.com
- New lesson must be re-booked within 72 hours of original lesson date.
- No Refunds- in event of inclement weather account credit or make-up lesson will be offered.
Youth Summer Tennis Camps
Sign your child up today for our summer youth camps! These will be co-ed 4 day camps for all skill levels, held from 9am-12pm on Monday-Thursday. Fun activities will include: Tennis, fun fitness activities, exercise, swimming and water games. Click HERE to register today!
Gulf Shores Tennis ClubThe Gulf Shores Tennis Club hosts a mixer on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. (please arrive 15 minutes early for warm up and court assignments)
The mixer is open to adults of all playing levels. Please join us for socials, tournaments and friendships!
Facility Rental OpportunitiesIf you are interested in reserving the George C. Meyer Tennis Center for an upcoming tournament, contact 251-968-1431 and complete the rental form to make a rental request.
Juan Cruz SoriaHead Tennis Professional
Bernie GilliamTennis & Pickleball Coordinator