Mardi Gras Parade Traffic Flow
The City of Gulf Shores will continue the tradition and celebrate the 41st Anniversary of the Mardi Gras Parade on Tuesday, March 5 at 10 a.m. The parade will begin at Clubhouse Drive and continue down Highway 59 to Gulf Place.
The City of Gulf Shores would like to make all residents and visitors aware of the following traffic flow modifications related to the Mardi Gras Parade:
- East Gulf Place will be closed to allow floats to exit parade route.
- West 2nd Street will be closed to traffic between Clubhouse Drive and Fort Morgan Road in preparation for float line-up.
- Floats begin to line-up on West 2nd Street from Clubhouse Drive to Fort Morgan Road.
- Clubhouse Road will close to traffic as floats begin to make their way to Highway 59.
- Highway 59 will close to traffic stretching from 20th Avenue to Beach Boulevard.
- Mardi Gras Parade begins.
- Parade floats will exit the parade route by going straight through the stoplight into Gulf Place or by turning left onto Beach Boulevard.
- All normal traffic conditions should resume.
- East Gulf Place will reopen once parade exits.
If severe weather moves in, and the parade is cancelled, there will be no make-up date. For more information or to fill out a parade application, visit www.gulfshoresal.gov/mardigras.