City Offices closed tomorrow for Mardi Gras
The City of Gulf Shores would like to make all residents and visitors aware that city offices will be closed tomorrow (February 13) for Mardi Gras. City offices will re-open on Wednesday, February 14 at 8 a.m.
Yard debris pickup normally scheduled for Tuesday will be serviced on Wednesday (February 14).
The Mardi Gras Parade will roll tomorrow at 10 a.m. Due to construction at Gulf Place (main public beach) and Highway 59, the parade route has been revised. With the new route, the parade will start at the intersection of Highway 59 and Highway 182 and roll east along Highway 182 (East Beach Blvd.) to Highway 135 at the Gulf State Park Pier.
The City of Gulf Shores would like to make all residents and visitors aware of the following traffic flow modifications related to the Mardi Gras Parade:
- West Gulf Place will be closed.
- Parking will only be available for parade participants and float setup.
- Access to Highway 182 via West 1st and West 2nd Street will be closed. Traffic headed west or north will detour via West 3rd Street onto West 1st Ave.
- Access to Highway 182 via Highway 59 will be closed.
- Access to Highway 182 via East 1st, East 2nd and East 4th Street will be closed.
- Traffic headed westbound on Highway 182 near the Gulf State Park Pier will be diverted to Highway 135 for access to Highway 59.
- All normal traffic conditions should resume.
If severe weather moves in and the parade is cancelled, there will be no make-up date. For more information contact City Hall at 251-968-2425.