The City of Gulf Shores is excited to announce the return of the traditional Mardi Gras Parade, which will take place on Fat Tuesday, February 21, at 10 a.m. The parade will begin at the intersection of Highway 59 and East Beach Boulevard (Highway 182) and will travel along East Beach Boulevard to the Gulf State Park Pier Road. A parade route map can be found online at www.gulfshoresal.gov/MardiGras.
The City of Gulf Shores would like to make all residents and visitors aware of the following traffic flow modifications related to the Mardi Gras Parade:
- West Gulf Place beach access and parking lot will be closed. Parking will only be available for parade participants and float setup.
- West Beach Boulevard (Highway 182 west) will be closed between Highway 59 and West 3rd street for the staging of the parade.
- Access to West Beach Boulevard and East Beach Boulevard (Highway 182) via Highway 59 will be closed.
- Access to East Beach Boulevard via East 1st, East 2nd and East 4th street will be closed.
- Traffic headed westbound on East Beach Boulevard near the Gulf State Park Pier will be diverted to State Park Road (Highway 135) for access to Highway 59.
- All normal traffic conditions should resume.
If you would like to participate in the 44th Annual Mardi Gras Parade, please visit www.gulfshoresAL.gov/MardiGras to fill out an application. All applications are due by Monday, February 13, at 5 p.m.
If severe weather moves in and the parade is canceled, there will be no make-up date. For more information, contact our Special Events team at 251-968-1171 or visit www.gulfshoresal.gov/MardiGras.