- SPARC Summer Camp
SPARC Summer Camp
What is SPARC ?
The SPARC concept is designed for Strengthening Potential through Arts, Recreation and Culture by providing youth a safe and supportive environment; fostering education, personal growth, character development and overall resiliency. Staff members are devoted to carrying out the SPARC mission while delivering fun, hands-on experiences for the youth in our community.
What is offered during SPARC Summer Camp?SPARC Summer camp is broken down into two session. Session 1: June 1 - July 2 or Session 2: July 6 - August 6. Please note, you must register for both sessions if the entire camp (June 1 - August 6) is needed.
SPARC Summer Camp will provide a positive recreational, informative and life enriching experience for every child. Our goal is to introduce children to as many new experiences as possible and help each child feel confident and secure in a fun, safe environment. We want to challenge children to grow in imagination, creativity, self-directed initiative and leadership.
Through an array of planned fun activities and field trips, campers will have an opportunity to gain resiliency, develop life-long skills, grow more independent, learn social skills, and make true friends.
Gain resiliency – The kind of encouragement and nurture kids receive at camp makes it a great environment to endure setbacks, try new (and thereby maybe a little frightening) things, and see that improvement comes when you give something another try. Camp helps conquer fears.
Develop life-long skills – Camps provide the right instruction, equipment and facilities for kids to enhance their sports abilities, their artistic talents, and their adventure skills. The sheer variety of activities offered at camp makes it easy for kids to discover and develop what they like to do. Camp expands every child’s abilities.
Grow more independent- Camp will provide an environment for kids to practice making decisions for themselves without parents and teachers guiding every move. Managing choices in the safe, caring environment of camp, children welcome this as a freedom to blossom in new directions.
Learn social skills- camp means joining a close-knit community where everyone must agree to cooperate and respect each other. Camp builds teamwork.
Make true friends – Camp is the place where kids make their very best friends. Free from the social expectations pressuring them at school, camp encourages kids to relax and make friends easily. All the fun at camp draws everyone together— singing, laughing, talking, playing, and doing almost everything together. Every day, camp creates friendships.
SPARC Summer Camp is open to youth who have completed grades K - 5, we do not accept Pre-K students.
SPARC Summer Camp online registration for Gulf Shores residents and Gulf Shores City School children will begin March 24 - April 14 at 8 a.m. Registration will open for the public on April 15, 2021 and will close on May 14, 2021. If the child attends Gulf Shores City Schools but is not a resident of Gulf Shores, please contact Amanda Deckard at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the registration dates. All registration must be done online. The SPARC staff will be able to assist you Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. If you have any questions you may contact the SPARC program line at 251-968-9818.
To register online, an account must be created BEFORE registering the child. Click here to create an account. Once an account has been created, follow these simple steps in order to register for SPARC Summer Camp 2021:
- Registration will be on a first come, first serve basis.
- There will be a $50 fee per session at time of registration which will secure your spot in summer camp.
- Please note, if the entire summer is needed the child must be registered for BOTH SESSIONS.
- A weekly payment schedule will be implemented depending which session you choose, dates are below.
- If payment is not received by the schedule date, we will go on the assumption that your child will not be attending the remainder of the summer and will offer that vacant spot to a child on our waiting list.
- Multiple child discounts are available. Please contact the Program Coordinator at email@example.com for more information regarding this discount.
- Download a copy of the SPARC Summer Camp registration form.
- Please download the 2021 SPARC Summer Camp PARENT MANUAL and DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS & PROCEDURES
Please note, if a child has an allergy that requires the use of an epinephrine injection, the child's doctor is required to fill out and sign an Epinephrine Authorization Form. This form must be turned in to the Program Coordinator, Amanda Deckard, on or before the first day of camp.
Dates and Fees
SPARC Summer Camp takes place Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM. Camp will be closed on July 5th in observation for the Independence Day Holiday.
- The cost for SPARC Summer Camp (June 1 - August 6), per child, is $660 for the entire summer.
- The cost for SPARC Summer Camp per session (session 1: June 1 - July 2/ session 2: July 6 - August 6), per child, is $330 for the entire summer.
- For your convenience, we have included the weekly payment schedule below.
|Both Sessions (June 6 - Aug 6)||Fees|
|Session 1 Only (June 6 - July 2)||Fees|
|Session 2 Only (July 6 - August 6)||Fees|