- SPARC Summer Camp
SPARC Summer Camp
What is SPARC ?
The SPARC concept is designed for Strengthening Potential through Arts, Recreation and Culture by providing youth a safe and supportive environment; fostering education, personal growth, character development and overall resiliency. Staff members are devoted to carrying out the SPARC mission while delivering fun, hands-on experiences for the youth in our community.
What is offered during SPARC Summer Camp?SPARC Summer camp will be offered over the course of 10 weeks from May 26-August 7 and will close the week of Independence Day, June 29 - July 3.
SPARC Summer Camp will provide a positive recreational, informative and life enriching experience for every child. Our goal is to introduce children to as many new experiences as possible and help each child feel confident and secure in a fun, safe environment. We want to challenge children to grow in imagination, creativity, self-directed initiative and leadership.
Through an array of planned fun activities and field trips, campers will have an opportunity to gain resiliency, develop life-long skills, grow more independent, learn social skills, and make true friends.
Gain resiliency – The kind of encouragement and nurture kids receive at camp makes it a great environment to endure setbacks, try new (and thereby maybe a little frightening) things, and see that improvement comes when you give something another try. Camp helps conquer fears.
Develop life-long skills – Camps provide the right instruction, equipment and facilities for kids to enhance their sports abilities, their artistic talents, and their adventure skills. The sheer variety of activities offered at camp makes it easy for kids to discover and develop what they like to do. Camp expands every child’s abilities.
SPARC Summer Camp is open to youth who have completed grades K - 5, we do not accept Pre-K students.
SPARC Summer Camp online registration for Gulf Shores residents will begin March 5th - March 11th. Registration will open for the public on March 12, 2020 and will close on May 11, 2020. You may also register in person by stopping by the Cultural Center starting on Thursday March 12, 2020. The SPARC staff will be able to assist you Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. If you have any questions you can call the Cultural Center front desk at 251-968-9813.
To register online, please follow these simple steps:
Go to cityofgulfshores.perfectmind.com to create an account and register.
- Registration will be on a first come, first serve basis.
- There will be a $100 fee at time of registration which will secure your spot in summer camp.
- A weekly payment schedule of $125 per camper will be implemented for the remainder of the SPARC Summer Camp.
- The payment schedule dates are: June 1, June 8, June 15, June 22, July 6, July 13, July 20 & July 27.
- If payment is not received by the schedule date, we will go on the assumption that your child will not be attending the remainder of the summer and will offer that vacant spot to a child on our waiting list.
- Second child discounts are available. Please contact the program line at 251-968-9818 for more information regarding this discount.
- Download a copy of the SPARC Summer Camp registration form.
- Please download the 2020 SPARC Summer Camp PARENT MANUAL and DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS & PROCEDURES
Please note, if a child has an allergy that requires the use of an epinephrine injection, the child's doctor is required to fill out and sign an Epinephrine Authorization Form. This form must be turned in to the SPARC Front Desk on or before the first day of camp.
Dates and Fees
SPARC Summer Camp takes place Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM. Camp will be closed the week of Independence Day (July 2-6).
- The cost for SPARC Summer Camp, per child, is $1100 for the entire summer.
- Discounts of $100 will be applied at time of registration for additional children.
- For your convenience, we have included the weekly payment schedule below.
Junior Counselor Volunteer Program
** We are currently not accepting any applications for the remainder of the summer. Please check back for next summer's opportunities in April 2020. **
Junior Counselor Volunteer Program
Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator and Counselors, Junior Counselors will be a part of planning, implementing and leading recreational activities like arts, crafts, games and other fun summer camp activities for children 5-12 years old. As well as assist counselors as chaperone’s on field trips and daily outings.
While the position of Junior Counselor is that of a "Counselor-in-Training", the candidate must be conscientious, compassionate, responsible, nurturing, caring and hard working. They must be committed to the care, safety, happiness, development and well-being of our campers.
Employment Dates: 2020 Dates TBA
Work Schedule: 2 to 3 days a week, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Must have completed 8th grade.
- Time spent in program qualifies for service hours needed in school clubs and organizations.
- Each participant will receive a T shirt.
- Space is limited.
- Download SPARC Junior Counselor Volunteer JOB DESCRIPTION & APPLICATION.
- Applications must be completely filled out and submitted no later than TBA.
- Must have a signed recommendation and attach copy of most recent report card.
For more information contact Amanda Deckard, Program Coordinator at 251-968-4419 or Email.