- SPARC Summer Camp
SPARC Youth Camps
What is SPARC?
The SPARC concept is designed for Strengthening Potential through Arts, Recreation and Culture by providing youth a safe and supportive environment; fostering education, personal growth, character development and overall resiliency. Staff members are devoted to carrying out the SPARC mission while delivering fun, hands-on experiences for the youth in our community.
SPARC Break Camps
Our break camps for grades K-5 offer children a fun, themed experience during school breaks.
Thanksgiving Camp 2022 - Monday, Nov 21 thru Wednesday, Nov 23 / 7:30am - 5:30pm
Cost: $50/Resident $60/Non-Resident
Registration begins Monday, Oct 10 Limited space - only 36 spots available!
Christmas Camp 2022 - Monday, Dec 21 thru Thursday, Dec 22 and Tuesday, Dec 27 thru Friday, Dec 30 / 7:30am - 5:30pm
Cost: $120/Resident $160/Non-Resident
Registration begins Monday, Nov 14 Limited space - only 36 spots available!
Spring Break Camp 2023 - Monday, Mar 27 thru Friday, Mar 31 / 7:30am - 5:30pm
Cost: $80/Resident $90/Non-Resident
Registration begins Monday, Feb 13 Limited space - only 55 spots available!
SPARC Summer Camp 2023
SPARC Summer Camp will provide a positive recreational, informative and life enriching experience for every child. Our goal is to introduce children to as many new experiences as possible and help each child feel confident and secure in a fun, safe environment. We want to challenge children to grow in imagination, creativity, self-directed initiative and leadership. Through an array of planned fun activities and field trips, campers will have an opportunity to gain resiliency, develop life-long skills, grow more independent, learn social skills, and make true friends.
SPARC Parent Resources:
SESSION 1 SCHEDULE
Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Group 4 Group 5 Group 6
*Schedule subject to change
PARENT UPDATE ✔
A weekly SPARC parent camp update from Program Coordinator Jamie Robertson
Epinephrine Authorization Form
2023 Camp Flyer
Programs Desk 251.968.9818
Jamie Robertson Program Coordinator 251.968.4419
Randall Carlson Recreation Supervisor 251.968.2141
Registration (SUMMER CAMP 2023 IS FULL)
SPARC Summer Camp is open to youth who have completed grades K - 5, we do not accept Pre-K students.
SPARC Summer Camp 2023 online registration for Gulf Shores Residents and Gulf Shores City School children will begin April 12th, 2023 at 8am. General public registration opens on April 19th, 2023 and will close when the camp is full (or by May 5). If the child attends Gulf Shores City Schools but is not a resident of Gulf Shores, please contact Jamie Robertson at email@example.com prior to the registration dates. The SPARC staff will be able to assist you Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. If you have any questions, please contact the SPARC program line at 251-968-9818.
To register online, an account must be created BEFORE registering the child. Click here to create an account. Once an account has been created, follow these simple steps in order to register for SPARC Camps:
- Registration will be on a first come, first serve basis.
- There will be a $50 non-refundable fee per session at time of registration which will secure your spot in summer camp.
- Please note, if the entire summer is needed the child must be registered for BOTH SESSION 1 & 2.
- There will be a discount for paying tuition in full by 5/22 (session 1) and 7/3 (session 2).
- A weekly payment schedule will be implemented for each session with payments due on the following dates. Session 1: May 22, May 30, June 5, June 12, & June 19. Session 2: July 3, July 10, July 17, & July 24.
- If payment is not received by the schedule date, we will go on the assumption that your child will not be attending the remainder of the summer and will offer that vacant spot to a child on our waiting list.
- Multiple child discounts are available ($100/additional sibling to be applied the last week of camp). Please contact the Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding this discount.
Parent manuals will be emailed to each parent and provided at our open house/parent orientation meeting. Please note, if a child has an allergy that requires the use of an epinephrine injection, the child's doctor is required to fill out and sign an Epinephrine Authorization Form. This form must be turned in to the Program Coordinator, Jamie Robertson, on or before the first day of camp.
Dates and Fees
SPARC Summer camp is broken down into two session. Session 1: May 30- June 30 & Session 2: July 10 - August 4. Please note, you must register for both sessions if the entire camp is needed.
SPARC Summer Camp takes place Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM. Camp will be closed the entire week of July 4th.
- The cost for SPARC Summer Camp Both sessions: (May 30 - August 4) per child is $1,225 (Residents) / $1,450 (Non-Residents) for the entire summer.
- The cost for SPARC Summer Camp Both sessions: (May 30 - August 4) per child paid in full is $1,025 (Residents) / $1,250 (Non-Residents) for the entire summer.
- The cost for SPARC Summer Camp Session 1 ONLY: (May 30 - June 30) per child is $675 (Residents) / $800 (Non-Residents) on the weekly payment plan OR $575 / $700 if paid in full.
- The cost for SPARC Summer Camp Session 2 ONLY: (July 10 - August 4), per child is $550 (Residents) / $650 (Non-Residents) on the weekly payment plan OR $450 / $550 if paid in full.
- Multi-child discounts ($100/sibling) will be applied to the final invoice if you chose the weekly payment plan OR the discount will be applied during the full payment and will be in addition to the full payment discounted price (ex. pay in full child 1=$575, pay in full each additional sibling= $475)
- For your convenience, we have included the weekly payment schedule below.
|Session 1 & Session 2|
Weekly Payment Dates
|Non-refundable registration fee (due at time of registration)|| $100 (both sessions)|
$50 (1 session)
|May 22 *Session 1- 1st payment due||$125 (Resident) / $150 (Non-Resident)|
|May 30|| $125 (Resident) / $150 (Non-Resident)|
|June 5|| $125 (Resident) / $150 (Non-Resident)|
|June 12|| $125 (Resident) / $150 (Non-Resident)|
|June 19|| $125 (Resident) / $150 (Non-Resident)|
|July 3 *Session 2--1st payment due|| $125 (Resident) / $150 (Non-Resident)|
|July 10|| $125 (Resident) / $150 (Non-Resident)|
|July 17|| $125 (Resident) / $150 (Non-Resident)|
|July 24|| $125 (Resident) / $150 (Non-Resident)|