Mardi Gras Parade
Our 2023 Mardi Gras Parade will take place on Tuesday, February 21 at 10 a.m.
The history of the Gulf Shores Mardi Gras parade dates back to 1978 when a group of locals decided Gulf Shores needed a parade. Those locals formed the Pleasure Island Players and thus Mardi Gras began in Gulf Shores. A year later the Mystic Order of Shiners joined the Pleasure Island Players to become what is now the oldest parading order in Baldwin County.
Participate in the Parade
Anyone interested in participating in the parade can do so by completing the application. To print and fill out an application, click here. You will also need to fill out the parade safety checklist for Gulf Shores Fire Rescue. Click here to fill out the parade safety checklist.
All applications are due by February 13, 2023 at 5 p.m.
Email or mail your application to Erica Bassett, our Event Supervisor.
City of Gulf Shores Special Events
Attention: Erica Bassett
P.O. Box 299
Gulf Shores, AL 36547
Parade Route/Traffic Modifications
The 44th Annual Mardi Gras Parade will begin at the intersection of Highway 59 and East Beach Boulevard (Highway 182) and will travel along East Beach Boulevard to the Gulf State Park Pier Road.
The City of Gulf Shores would like to make all residents and visitors aware of the following traffic flow modifications related to the Mardi Gras Parade:
- West Gulf Place beach access and parking lot will be closed. Parking will only be available for parade participants and float setup.
- West Beach Boulevard (Highway 182 West) will be closed between Highway 59 and West 3rd street for the staging of the parade.
- Access to West Beach Boulevard and East BEach Boulevard via Highway 59 will be closed.
- Access to East Beach Boulevard via East 1st, East 2nd, and East 4th Street will be closed.
- Traffic headed westbound on East Beach Boulevard near the Gulf State Park Pier will be diverted to State Park Road (Highway 135) for access to Highway 59.
- All normal Traffic Conditions should resume.
You can download a parade route map by clicking here.
Parking for the Parade
The City of Gulf Shores has plenty of parking options near East Beach Boulevard, where the Mardi Gras Parade will take place. We invite our residents and guest to park in one of the following public parking locations:
- West 2nd Street
- West 1st Street
- West 1st Avenue from Highway 59 to West 1st Street
- East 1st Street
- East 1st Avenue from Highway 59 to East 2nd Street
- North side of East 2nd Avenue City-Owned right of way parking
- City-Owned public parking lot to the West of Gulf Island Grill