Share your time and talents with young athletes in our community by becoming a volunteer youth sports coach with the City of Gulf Shores. It’s a rewarding experience that only takes a few hours of your time each week. We provide the support and instruction you need to be successful on the field and on the sidelines.
Our goal is to create a positive environment that promotes self-confidence and self-esteem through programs we provide to our communities. The program is dedicated to offering all youth with the highest quality of recreation and educational experiences.
What does it take?
- No experience necessary
- Two practices each week before the season begins, scheduled at your convenience
- One practice each week once games begin, scheduled at your convenience
- A background check, paid for by the City of Gulf Shores
- “Heads-Up Concussions” program, a free online course provided by the CDCA on concussion
The benefits of coaching are endless:
- Build relationships with parents, youth, and officials
- Make a positive impact in the lives of Henderson children
- Enjoy a great bonding experience with your own son or daughter
- Promote the healthy benefits of sports to children (and adults)
- Opportunities to win prizes and recognition for your volunteer service
- Be part of a premier youth sports program
Each year, all head and assistant coaches are recognized by the City of Gulf Shores at our annual coaches’ celebration. Volunteer coaches from all youth sports join us for an evening of food, music, raffles, and celebration. This event is when Coach of the Year is announced. Coaches with exemplary sportsmanship, dedication, and hard work can be nominated for this prestigious honor.
If you’d like to learn more or apply to become a volunteer coach, give us a call at 251-968-1421; stop by the Athletic Office at the Cultural Center 19470 Oak Road West (CR.6), Gulf Shores AL 36542 or click here to begin.
We look forward to having you on our team.