The 2020 Gulf Shores City School Board of Education
The Gulf Shores City Council appointed five citizens to the Gulf Shores City Board of Education. The five member board collectively brings nearly 90 years of related, yet diverse experience and was unanimously selected from a group of 34 applicants. Each board member will serve staggered initial terms from one to five years beginning December 4, 2017.
For more information on the Gulf Shores City Schools Board of Education, please visit the Gulf Shores City Schools website by clicking here.
Pictured Back row (left to right): Frank Malone, Vice President Nicky Gotschall, President Kevin Corcoran, Superintendent Matt Akin
Front Row (left to right): Dale Jernigan, Kelly Walker
Applications for City Board of Education are currently being accepted until April 7!
The City of Gulf Shores is now accepting applications for Board Member for the Gulf Shores City Board of Education. The selected applicant will serve a five-year term beginning June 1, 2023.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications, at a minimum, in order to be eligible for consideration:
- Current resident of Gulf Shores
- Person of good moral character
- Has obtained a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Is not employed by the Gulf Shores City Board of Education
- Is not serving on the governing board of a private elementary or secondary educational institution
- Is not on the National Sex Offender Registry or the state sex offender registry
- Has not been convicted of a felony.
Applications are available online by clicking here or in person at the City of Gulf Shores Executive Office located at 203 Clubhouse Drive, Suite B.
All applications must be returned in person at the City of Gulf Shores Executive Office, or by email to email@example.com, no later than Friday, April 7 at 5 p.m.