Gulf Shores announces 40th Annual Mardi Gras Parade
Revised route from Gulf Shores Public Beach to Gulf State Park Pier due to construction
The City of Gulf Shores will continue the tradition and celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Mardi Gras Parade on Tuesday, February 13 at 10 a.m.
Due to construction at Gulf Place (main public beach) and Highway 59, the parade route has been revised. With the new route, the parade will start at the intersection of Highway 59 and Highway 182 and roll east along Highway 182 (East Beach Blvd.) to Highway 135 at the Gulf State Park Pier.
The City of Gulf Shores would like to make all residents and visitors aware of the following traffic flow modifications related to the Mardi Gras Parade:
- West Gulf Place will be closed.
- Parking will only be available for parade participants and float setup.
- Access to Highway 182 via West 1st and West 2nd Street will be closed. Traffic headed west or north will detour via West 3rd Street onto West 1st Ave.
- Access to Highway 182 via Highway 59 will be closed.
- Access to Highway 182 via East 1st, East 2nd and East 4th Street will be closed.
- Traffic headed westbound on Highway 182 near the Gulf State Park Pier will be diverted to Highway 135 for access to Highway 59.
- All normal traffic conditions should resume.
If severe weather moves in and the parade is cancelled, there will be no make-up date. For more information contact City Hall at 251-968-2425