Gulf Shores announces Hangout Festival beach closures, traffic modifications
The City of Gulf Shores would like to make all residents and visitors aware of the following road closures, beach closures and traffic flow modifications related to the Hangout Music Festival.
Monday, May 14
Tuesday, May 15
- Public beach access at Gulf Place closes
Monday, May 21
- 4:30 a.m. - Hwy 59 south of W. 1st Ave and Hwy 182/Beach Blvd between W. 2nd St and E. 2nd St will be closed to all vehicular/pedestrian traffic. 4:30 a.m. - Traffic flow on E. 1st Ave and E. 2nd Ave will be modified to a one-way-only route to help accommodate heavy pedestrian traffic. Two-way traffic flow on E. 1st St, E. 2nd St, E. 3rd St and E. 4th St will remain in place. The public is advised to utilize the traffic flow map and directional signage posted in these areas indicating proper traffic flow during this time.
- Access to West Beach: Available through Windmill Ridge Rd or by taking W. 1st Ave to W. 3rd St.
- Access to Orange Beach: Available through the Gulf State Park, Canal Rd or by taking E. 1st Ave to E. 2nd St, E. 3rd St or E. 4th St.
Tuesday, May 22
- 6 a.m. - Hwy 59 and Hwy 182/Beach Blvd will temporarily reopen to allow for exiting traffic until 12 p.m.
Public Beach Access
- 6 a.m. - Normal traffic conditions resume
- Public beach access points at W. 4th St, W. 5th St, W. 6th St, W. 10th St, W. 13th St, Little Lagoon and the Gulf State Park will remain open throughout the festival. All residents and visitors are encouraged to utilize these public beach access points during this time.
- Public beach access points will return to normal use on Thursday, May 24
For more information regarding detours or closures, please contact City Hall at 251-968-2425.
For more information about shuttle service and other FAQ's regarding the Hangout Music Festival, visit www.hangoutmusicfest.com.