SPARC Summer Camp
What is SPARC ?
The SPARC concept is designed for Strengthening Potential through Arts, Recreation and Culture by providing youth a safe and supportive environment; fostering education, personal growth, character development and overall resiliency. Staff members are devoted to carrying out the SPARC mission while delivering fun, hands-on experiences for the youth in our community.
What is offered during SPARC Summer Camp?SPARC Summer camp will be offered over the course of 10 weeks from May 28-August 9 and will close the week of Independence Day, July 1 - July 5.
SPARC Summer Camp will provide a positive recreational, informative and life enriching experience for every child. Our goal is to introduce children to as many new experiences as possible and help each child feel confident and secure in a fun, safe environment. We want to challenge children to grow in imagination, creativity, self-directed initiative and leadership.
Through an array of planned fun activities and field trips, campers will have an opportunity to gain resiliency, develop life-long skills, grow more independent, learn social skills, and make true friends.
Gain resiliency – The kind of encouragement and nurture kids receive at camp makes it a great environment to endure setbacks, try new (and thereby maybe a little frightening) things, and see that improvement comes when you give something another try. Camp helps conquer fears.
Develop life-long skills – Camps provide the right instruction, equipment and facilities for kids to enhance their sports abilities, their artistic talents, and their adventure skills. The sheer variety of activities offered at camp makes it easy for kids to discover and develop what they like to do. Camp expands every child’s abilities.
Grow more independent- Camp will provide an environment for kids to practice making decisions for themselves without parents and teachers guiding every move. Managing choices in the safe, caring environment of camp, children welcome this as a freedom to blossom in new directions.
Learn social skills- camp means joining a close-knit community where everyone must agree to cooperate and respect each other. Camp builds teamwork.
Make true friends – Camp is the place where kids make their very best friends. Free from the social expectations pressuring them at school, camp encourages kids to relax and make friends easily. All the fun at camp draws everyone together— singing, laughing, talking, playing, and doing almost everything together. Every day, camp creates friendships.
SPARC Summer Camp is open to youth who have completed grades K - 6.
SPARC Summer Camp online registration will begin on March 11, 2019 and will close on April 30, 2019. You may also register in person by stopping by the Cultural Center starting on Monday March 11, 2019. The SPARC staff will be able to assist you Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. If you have any questions you can call the Cultural Center front desk at 251-968-9813.
To register online, please follow these simple steps:
Click on ONLINE REGISTRATION
- Select Alabama
- Select City of Gulf Shores
- On the top menu select Register and click on Programs or Activities
- On the left menu click on Programs
- Select SPARC Youth - Summer 2019
- SIGN UP
- Registration will be on a first come, first serve basis.
- There will be a $100 fee at time of registration which will secure your spot in summer camp.
- A weekly payment schedule of $125 per camper will be implemented for the remainder of the SPARC Summer Camp.
- The payment schedule dates are: June 3, June 10, June 17, June 24, July 8, July 15, July 22 & July 29.
- If payment is not received by the schedule date, we will go on the assumption that your child will not be attending the remainder of the summer and will offer that vacant spot to a child on our waiting list.
- Download a copy of the SPARC Summer Camp registration form.
- Please download the 2019 SPARC Summer Camp PARENT MANUAL and DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS & PROCEDURES
Please note, if a child has an allergy that requires the use of an epinephrine injection, the child's doctor is required to fill out and sign an Epinephrine Authorization Form. This form must be turned in to the SPARC Front Desk on or before the first day of camp.
SPARC Summer Camp takes place Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM. Camp will be closed the week of Independence Day (July 2-6).
- The cost for SPARC Summer Camp, per child, is $1100 for the entire summer.
- Discounts of $100 will be applied at time of registration for additional children.
- For your convenience, we have included the weekly payment schedule below.